Room to Create

Room to Create
Art for your Home and Spirit 245 Harrison Ave. Harrison, NY

About Me

My photo
Harrison, New York, United States
I love to create and decorate. We now have a store front that exhibits paintings, assemblages, photography, jewelry, pottery and other unique gift items. I'm a mural artist which also extends to painting on anything else. And the tile idea, I have to give credit to my friend Emelio, who I have painted many tiles for.... I also teach art to kids. Kids are good for your art. They free you up!

Tuesday, April 07, 2020

ReBirth

As the world begins to blossom with it's magnificent beauty, we are given an opportunity to do the same.  We are given this time to rebirth ourselves if we take advantage of it. There is uncertainty, fear, and just so much confusion with various conflicting messages.  We need to have one foot in this world to be aware, but place the other foot into your retreat from this craziness.
Allow yourself to just be. Breathe through the turmoil and stress. Refocus your breath on the beauty that surrounds you. Focus on what you can do, what you do have control over.
You can take time for yourself. Cook a great meal if you are blessed to have food. We may need to find some creativity here.  Do some deep breathing exercises, some yoga, some movement.. lots to find on you tube... or hey, make it up.
What I'm doing is a bit of rearranging, reorganizing, putting a bit of order in my surroundings.  I journal a lot. I read books that I've never finished or hadn't gotten around to. I paint, I color, collage, photograph my surroundings.  I walk in nature to help ground me.
I sit in silence.
When is the last time you really got to do this?
When the anxiety surfaces, and it does come up, I focus on my breath.  I watch an astrology talk. It helps me to find some sense in all this.
A lot of this time is spent is wondering.  What can I do to help?  Where will we all be on the other side?  I look at a bigger picture (astrology), and know that we will come through this, just not the same.  Some will be filled with grief. Some may find a new purpose or renew an old dream.
Here's where trust and faith come in.  Trust that you will know if your purpose has changed or maybe intensified.
We have all been running ourselves a bit ragged.  Use this time. Look at it as your spiritual retreat and nurture yourself.  The quiet is the time we can hear spirit directing us. Listen deeply.
Namaste' my friends.