Room to Create

Room to Create
Art for your Home and Spirit 245 Harrison Ave. Harrison, NY

About Me

My photo
Harrison, New York, United States
I love to create and decorate. We now have a store front that exhibits paintings, assemblages, photography, jewelry, pottery and other unique gift items. I'm a mural artist which also extends to painting on anything else. And the tile idea, I have to give credit to my friend Emelio, who I have painted many tiles for.... I also teach art to kids. Kids are good for your art. They free you up!

Wednesday, April 08, 2020

Nesting

Sad day today.
I did my laundry. Was a bit anxious because I went on the later side and there were more people than I expected.  Grateful to have the gallery across the street to wait, but I also went to the post office.  Thanks to Ada, I had a mask and felt a bit better, but noticed my emotions were a bit raw today.
John Prine passed away.  Kathi loved him and sang his songs and that's how I got to know him.  Every time I heard him, I would think of her.  I wonder if she greeted him.
After laundry I needed to go to the bank.. which is drive-thru now.  Coming out of the bank and passing the shopping center, I noticed a sign: FOR RENT.
I lost it.
So much loss lately. Tommy, then Alyssa and Maria, now John Prine.  I'm not going to be surprised to see more businesses closing.  It breaks my heart. Full moon. Aspects to Chiron. Not surprised at all about this build up and release.
I needed to go home.
I needed to walk.
I needed home again.  I turned the TV on. I turned the TV off.
Art!  That will help.  And some music.  And some tea.
Tomorrow I will nest. The emotional intensity I was feeling out there in the world was too much.
Trying not to touch shit, forgetting.. washing until our hands are raw.. yeah, better to be home. Nesting.  Be like that osprey and create a beautiful nest.
Create some jewelry. Make some art. Play.