Room to Create

Room to Create
Art for your Home and Spirit 245 Harrison Ave. Harrison, NY

About Me

My photo
Harrison, New York, United States
I love to create and decorate. We now have a store front that exhibits paintings, assemblages, photography, jewelry, pottery and other unique gift items. I'm a mural artist which also extends to painting on anything else. And the tile idea, I have to give credit to my friend Emelio, who I have painted many tiles for.... I also teach art to kids. Kids are good for your art. They free you up!

Monday, April 27, 2020

Pocket of Hope

Another piece in quarantine.  I grabbed a few sticks I found in the art room, some paper Kathi had made and some felt, beads, feathers and put them on a canvas background.
Felting is warm and the colors earthy. Took some of the wool and wrapped the sticks like a cocoon.
After all, we are all cocooning at home.
The Earth is in it's renewal.  Flowers blooming. I hear birds earlier in the morning again.
I'm grateful.
Grateful I have an abundance of supplies, enough to choose from. Enough to do.
I think the worst thing we can do is fall down the rabbit hole of despair.  It is a slippery slope and when the slightest indication of it comes by, I turn on music, pick up a brush or a pen, read, do some yoga, listen to astrology or call a friend. Weather permitting, I go for a walk with my camera.
I'm picking up old canvas too and reworking them, giving them new life.
New life seems to be key.  We get so comfortable in our old ways and I find as I get older, it's not so easy to find comfort in trying new things, new ways of doing things.
The truth is, for me, I know the Universe provides.  There is abundance if we tap into it and don't fall into scarcity thinking.  Here is the part where we turn off the TV, get off FB or whatever else you're into and go do something creative.  Go within and find your own truth, your own answers. Stop looking outside yourself, especially to the powers who are so confused, they cannot give anyone a clear answer.  You and I know in our heart what to do.  Listen to your heart. Have Hope.
Namaste'