Room to Create

Room to Create
Art for your Home and Spirit 245 Harrison Ave. Harrison, NY

About Me

My photo
Harrison, New York, United States
I love to create and decorate. We now have a store front that exhibits paintings, assemblages, photography, jewelry, pottery and other unique gift items. I'm a mural artist which also extends to painting on anything else. And the tile idea, I have to give credit to my friend Emelio, who I have painted many tiles for.... I also teach art to kids. Kids are good for your art. They free you up!

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Art reflects Life

 I had wanted to paint a bridge, a rainbow bridge moving off into the distance, but instead it ended up as a wooden bridge with some "fire guardians" on to the side.  Due to the circumstances of life this past week, I guess burning bridges was on my mind.  Ironically, an astrological aspect had come into my email with a quote about "not burning any bridges" after I had painted this. This made me question that process...
We want to release the pain so badly, that we are too eager to burn those bridges.. and maybe at times, that is exactly what we should do.  We cannot go back and must move forward and learn what we need to from the experience so we don't repeat it.. Release and let go.. Maybe the best way to do that is to burn it away..Pick up the Torch.. Use that light to carry us forward, to transformation.
We have choices in life. One of the greatest choices we make is choosing how we think about things. We can see our self as separate .. apart.. or a part of something much bigger.  Separation is what seems to cause the pain.. resistance, judgement, criticism.. gathering our pain and throwing it back out into the world.. WE  don't want it .. here YOU take it!.. and we just pass it around like a game of hot potato.
How do we disengage from this?
How do we reconnect and go back to that awareness of Oneness. Honoring all of life. How do we get back to living in Grace.. to be in spirit.. inspired.. Ride the Great In-Breath of God...
How do we ascend?
Through knowledge, knowing, experiencing, feeling, loving... doing what we love and being in that "moment" of Being.  This is where we find our bliss, in those blessed moments of love that removes all other distraction.
We need to release the burdens, ask forgiveness.. begin again.
Replenish ourselves with the Holy, the Sacred.. the Inner Stillness.. The Divine Self that is at One with All That Is.. yes. here is where we all want to move towards.. peace. love.
Ah, what a painting can teach us..