Room to Create

Room to Create
Art for your Home and Spirit 245 Harrison Ave. Harrison, NY

About Me

My photo
Harrison, New York, United States
I love to create and decorate. We now have a store front that exhibits paintings, assemblages, photography, jewelry, pottery and other unique gift items. I'm a mural artist which also extends to painting on anything else. And the tile idea, I have to give credit to my friend Emelio, who I have painted many tiles for.... I also teach art to kids. Kids are good for your art. They free you up!

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

On the easel - a collaboration

I had an idea.
I thought it would be fun to do a project together.
John and I have worked on a piece together a few times, 
he would start it and I would finish it.
This would be different.
It's not paper and marker.
We would go back and forth with it and adding what we desired.
We both picked out a canvas, 24 x 30.. inches.
Yesterday I unwrapped it and decided I would start by putting on some background color.
Instead of painting my usual blues, I asked John what he would like as a background and  he suggested the color of the walls.. in the gallery room which is yellow or the studio room which is pink.
I chose both plus white.

We both liked the results and I just sat and stared at it, 
coming up with images, (volcanoes, spirits, fish..) 
and feelings of where it might go from here.
Potential.
I felt it had an ethereal feel.. 
"Genesis" said John.
More ideas flew through my head.
I thought of attachment, both emotional and physical.
On the ride home we discussed it as if it were a marriage. 
My work, his work coming together as one creation.
I have excitement and anticipation for this new creation 
and what we will give birth to.